The Nice Podcast is brought to you by Futureforth.com. Helping fast-growing tech companies how to onboard, create, and keep happier more connected employees. Watch the on-demand webcast of the ROI of Nice.
Minter Dial is an international professional speaker, elevator and a multiple award-winning author. Minter is an agent of change who has exercised twelve different metier and moved country fifteen times, he’s the author of the WWII story, The Last Ring Home as well as three business books: Futureproof, Heartificial Empathy, and You Lead: How Being Yourself Makes You a Better Leader.
What we talked about:
- Speaker’s Corner in Hyde Park, London.
- The importance of meaningful conversations.
- Dunbar’s Number.
- The power of a hug.
- How The Grateful Dead and the best brands create unique and special experiences.
- Company retreats, off sites, special events, and conferences.
- How trust is the critical glue. Trust comes from vulnerability.
- Walk the talk. Say something do it. Tap into your own humanity.
- Why touch is important.
- You can only learn empathy if you want it.
- The core idea is observation and listening.
- Repeating what you heard.
- Close Communication Bias. Finishing off sentences of the people we’re close to. Complacency creeps in.
- The CHECK mindset. Curious. Humility. Empathy. Courage. Karma.
- (VIDEO) Angry Voicemail We Got From an Alamo Drafthouse Customer. NSFW.
- Bringing back handshakes, hugs, and high-fives.
- Culture eats strategy for breakfast.
- Recognizing and rewarding your team members.
- When you ask for advice – take it and report back.
- Tips for helping employees to establish their personal brands.
- Read Lost Connections: Uncovering the Real Causes of Depression – and the Unexpected Solutions by Johann Hari.