Like what you hear? Subscribe:
The Nice Podcast is brought to you by Futureforth.com. We help fast-growing tech companies onboard, create, and keep happier more connected employees. Please leave a review at ratethispodcast.com/nice.
Dr. Chloe Carmichael is a licensed clinical psychologist. She focuses on anxiety and stress management, relationships, and goal attainment. She is the author of Nervous Energy: Harness the Power of Your Anxiety.
What we talked about…
- How leaders can harness the power of their anxiety.
- The healthy function of anxiety is to stimulate preparation behaviors.
- Setting a great example to your team about how to be comfortable with anxiety.
- Avoid micromanaging, irritability, and substance abuse caused by anxiety.
- How to prepare for high-stakes presentations or interviews.
- The three-part breath technique to center and focus yourself.
- Meditation, mindfulness, and metacognition.
- Yoga and Buddhism and meditation with Tenzin, Bob Thurman.
- Keep Sharp: Build a Better Brain at Any Age by Dr. Sanjay Gupta M.D.
- Rethinking self-doubt.
- The Dunning Kruger Effect. The person with low ability overestimates their actual ability.
- How to choose a good online therapist or coach article.
- Get anonymous feedback from your team members.
- Hybrid work and balancing work with family.
- Being 100% responsive on chat during work hours. Chatting-in and chatting-out.
- Setting expectations and sharing why.
- Creating a culture remotely with virtual and local parties and using Kiva.org.
- Watch the ROI of Nice webcast.
- Read How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie.
- Dr. Chloe’s Insiders Club. Free 30-day access.
We ❤️ Our Listeners.
Please be sure to follow the show and leave a review wherever you subscribe to podcasts. Reviews and sharing the show are the nicest ways to support the show and are deeply appreciated. Thank you.
👋 Say hello email@example.com.
🐦 On Twitter @davedelaney.
❤️ Subscribe to the Nice Maker Newsletter at nicemaker.co.
🎸 Theme song is “Little Jane May” and the end song is “Funny Feeling” by AlistairChristl.ca.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices