Like what you hear? Subscribe:
The Nice Podcast is brought to you by Futureforth.com. We help fast-growing tech companies onboard, create, and keep happier, more connected employees.
Wesley Faulkner co-hosts the developer relations-focused podcast Community Pulse and serves on the board for SXSW. His experience spans multiple facets of the technology industry. With over 20 years of domain knowledge in product marketing, product management, strategic planning, and software/hardware implementation, Wesley’s ability to communicate advanced concepts to general audiences, stakeholders, and engineers makes him ideal for his role as a Developer Relations professional.
What we talked about…
- It’s a game changer when a manager has confidence in you and fully invests in your success.
- On the importance of providing feedback and recognition.
- Kindness is a currency.
- Overcoming self-doubt with your LinkedIn recommendations and by reviewing your Instagram photos.
- Be just like me, different – Video.
- You don’t grow a community by isolating yourself, you grow it by bringing people in and allowing them to be themselves.
- The first step of trusting someone is trusting them. Model the behavior you want the community to have.
- Radiate your morals, principles, and values as a community.
- How to meet the needs of developers and build those relationships.
- Hugh Forrest and SXSW Interactive.
- The rising cost of living in Austin and Nashville.
- Thoughts about job interview processes.
- Fundamental Attribution Error.
- Meme about feeding house guests.
- The biggest business lie.
- Wesley’s article about his journey through a Devrel role.
- On having the courage to be authentic and brave.
- READ The End of Bias: A Beginning: The Science and Practice of Overcoming Unconscious Bias by Jessica Nordell and Just Work: How to Root Out Bias, Prejudice, and Bullying to Build a Kick-Ass Culture by Kim Scott.
- Find Wesley83 on Twitter and Polywork.
We ❤️ Our Listeners.
Please follow the show and leave a review wherever you subscribe to podcasts. Reviews and sharing the show are the nicest ways to support the podcast and are deeply appreciated. Thank you.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices