Share the goodness!
One mistake many podcasters make is assuming that posting your podcast on one service means it’s available to everyone everywhere. While it might be true that the lion’s share of podcasts are fed to listeners from Apple Podcasts, that’s not the only place to ensure you are listed.
The good news is you can hit most with about 10 or so of these services. But you do have to submit your podcast RSS feed on each, then claim your podcast.
Fortunately, this is easy to do.
Submit Your Podcasts
The first thing to do is grab your podcast’s RSS feed. You can do this in your Megaphone account by navigating to your podcast page and clicking “Feeds” under the description.
Next, go to the respective podcast submission page and follow the directions to submit your RSS feed, then claim your podcast.
Here is our list of the top places to submit your podcast:
- Amazon Music – https://podcasters.amazon.com/
- Apple Podcasts – https://podcasters.apple.com/support/897-submit-a-show
- Google Podcasts – https://support.google.com/podcast-publishers/answer/9890138
- iHeartRadio – https://podcasters.iheart.com/
- Pandora – https://www.ampplaybook.com/podcasts
- Podcast Republic (Android/PC only) – https://www.podcastrepublic.net/for-podcast-publisher
- Podchaser – https://www.podchaser.com/claim
- Spotify – https://podcasters.spotify.com/submit
- Stitcher – https://partners.stitcher.com/join
- TuneIn – https://help.tunein.com/contact/add-podcast-S19TR3Sdf
Once you submit your RSS feed and claim your podcast on each of these, you will feed more than 90% of the podcast directories. Most of the others index from one or more of these.
And they pull in all future episodes, cover art, descriptons and changes you make to your podcast moving forward, so you don’t have to go back and resubmit anything.
Of course, for any other service, we recommend claiming your podcast if it’s there. You always want to control your show’s pages wherever they might arise. If you find one that doesn’t list your podcast after you’ve ensured all of the above are submitted and claimed, let us know and we’ll add it to our list.