#30 Community, marketing, and business development with Pamela Slim.
Share the goodness!
The Nice Podcast is brought to you by Futureforth.com. We help fast-growing tech companies onboard, create, and keep happier, more connected employees.
Pamela Slim is an award-winner author, speaker, and business coach who works with small business owners ready to scale their businesses and IP. She is the author of Escape from Cubicle Nation, Body of Work, and The Widest Net. Pam and her husband Darryl co-founded the K’é Main Street Learning Lab in Mesa, Arizona, where they host scores of diverse community leaders and regular small business programming.
What we talked about…
- K’é Main Street Learning Lab.
- Running an event space during the pandemic.
- Having a connected community and relationships.
- Overcoming sales challenges.
- Empire Model of business development versus Ecosystem Model.
- Find your peanut butter and jelly partners (PB&J). Ask your ideal clients who they work with.
- Tiny Marketing Actions (TMAs).
- Tiny Habits: The Small Changes That Change Everything by BJ Fogg and Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear.
- Tracking and planning your actions to identify patterns in business development.
- Why persistence is important in your sales outreach and how to handle it.
- Use your CRM to track your outreach and stop checking your inbox.
- Choosing the right tools. Focus on your minimal viable need.
- Best practices for interviews with your past clients.
- Creating your Justice League – a shared mission to solve problems.
- Read If You Want to Write by Brenda Ueland.
- Contact Pam at PamelaSlim.com
We ❤️ Our Listeners.
Please be sure to follow the show and leave a review wherever you subscribe to podcasts. Reviews and sharing the show are the nicest ways to support the show and are deeply appreciated. Thank you.
👋 Say hello email@example.com.
🐦 On Twitter @davedelaney.
❤️ Subscribe to the Nice Maker Newsletter at nicemaker.co.
🎸 Theme song is “Little Jane May” and the end song is “Funny Feeling” by AlistairChristl.ca.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices