Like what you hear? Subscribe:
The Nice Podcast is brought to you by Futureforth.com. We help fast-growing tech companies onboard, create, and keep happier more connected employees. Enjoy the show? Please leave a rating and review at ratethispodcast.com/nice. Thanks!
David Briggs serves as regional president for Fifth Third Bank in Tennessee. He has 30 years of diverse banking experience. Briggs also served in several executive leadership roles in banking, including as market president of Capital Bank, commercial and private market executive for Bank of America, and commercial and industrial banking executive for First Horizon.
What we talked about…
- The Dave’s I Know by Kids in the Hall.
- Dave Briggs spent 27 years at Bank of America.
- He left during the Great Recession with a Bank of America veteran, Gene Taylor.
- Challenge, sense of loyalty, and friendships kept him working at the same company for 27 years.
- Pandemic pivots.
- How travel brings you together with your teammates.
- Serendipity and networking nicely. Being out and about matters.
- Find opportunities to move your team members within the organization.
- Process and discipline.
- Advancing team members from one role to another to advance their career and save you recruiting.
- People vote with their feet.
- Why culture is so important. Questions to ask hiring managers when you apply.
- Checking in with your team members.
- Be mindful of who you work for. Hint, it’s not your employer.
- Thoughts about employee and employer loyalty.
- On living in Europe and reflecting on our security.
- Setting and clearly communicating your business objectives.
- Read Who Moved My Cheese?: An A-Mazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life by Spencer Johnson.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We ❤️ Our Listeners.
Please be sure to follow the show and leave a review wherever you subscribe to podcasts. Reviews and sharing the show are the nicest ways to support the show and are deeply appreciated. Thank you.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices